Spirulina, The Super Heroine Of Food
The spirulina has an interesting protein intake (20 times more than soybeans, 40 more than corn and 400 more than the meat), plus minerals and vitamins. It is also an excellent detoxifier, helps to regulate the digestive system and weight loss, among other properties are attributed. The superhero food, is one of the oldest living organisms known, but its benefits were discovered not long ago time.
The is a micro-algae that thrives in warm climates and alkaline waters in different parts of the world. It is rich in minerals (calcium, iron, manganese, chromium, etc.) and vitamins (A, B, C, D, E and B12 necessary for vegetarians). Excellent source of high quality protein and low toxicity (average is 65% more protein than any other natural food except egg). Low in saturated fat, unlike other foods with high nutritional value, such as dairy and meat, but in turn, provides essential fatty acids that are not found in animal proteins.
For proteins containing helps hypoglycemic when taken between meals. Strengthens the immune system and regenerates the cell’s genetic material. It is rich in chlorophyll (the poisoning) and phycocyanin (In experiments it has been shown to increase the survival rate). Lowers cholesterol and helps improve mineral absorption. Moreover, it is low in calories and essential fatty acids contributes.
Many consider it as an alternative supply in the future, especially for third world countries. The benefits of spirulina we find sigiuentes:
• Helps increase muscle mass for its high protein content.
• The energy input involved is suitable for people with high attrition intellectual and physical level.
• Contribution of iron. Chlorophyll derivative possessing spirulina
• Supply of Vitamin A: Important for blood transport and the view, for example.
• Beta-carotene: it is very useful to protect skin from sun effect by stimulating the secretion melanin.
• Vitamin E
• Provides minerals like. Calcium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, chromium, magnesium, zinc, germanium and copper
• Acts on getting an anti-inflammatory prostaglandins
• It is rich in iodine.
• Increases system immune. Nutritional Supplement As a dietary supplement is recommended to take 2-3 tablets or capsules (400 mg) with meals. As a powder, a tablespoon, which can be added to an ounce of fruit juice to make it taste nice. As an adjunct to weight loss diets are recommended 6-9 tablets daily (0.5-1 hour before meals).
• Thanks to the nutritional quality of tecuitlatl, is now recognized that this played a very important role to ensure one sufficient, accurate and balanced in the Aztec people, seated with a little primitive agriculture and food supply diversity.
• Knowing the wealth of spirulina currently encourage experimental and intensive cultivation in different latitudes. In culture, the average yields per hectare are about 15-20 dry tons / year, or of 9-12 t / ha / year in proteins, although values are manifested many times higher (1 ha of corn produces approximately only 400 kg).
This plant organism has become a target of dietetics. Research with interesting and encouraging results have shown that it is possible to try and improve the states of protein-energy malnutrition in children using spirulina. Many consider it as an alternative supply in the future, especially for third world countries.